Laparascopy / Key Hole Surgery
It is the surgery of choice today as it offers many advantages over conventional open surgery. Laparoscopy is performed through very small incisions (0.5 -1cm) in the abdomen with the help of telescopes /laparoscopic instruments and camera.
Some of the advantages laparoscopic surgery offers over open surgery are:
1) lesser post operative pain.
2) faster recovery after the surgery.
3) shorter hospital stay.
4) less bleeding during the procedure.
5) lesser chances of any surgical infection.
6) faster return to routine life and lesser days needed off from work.
7) lesser chances of post operative adhesions formation.
Almost all the Gynaecological surgeries can be done laparoscopically.